Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Line Array

Good idea for curving, Bob!

I was thinking of doing something similar where I get some long pieces of threaded rod and use it top to bottom on each side in the front so that I can adjust the curve for different listening setups to focus the array. Using silicone in the kerfs would give it some additional flexibility. This would double as a funky grill frame, provided you don't have a cat!

In order to keep the physical size of my array small, I'll be trying to come up with some side panels that will allow the front curve to adjust. This will give a narrower baffle but will extend the distance between the dipole sources. Any ideas?

IIRC, you mentioned using a double line of drivers side-by-side(?) I plan to try this and roll off the inside line to provide some boost to compensate for the 6 dB dipole baffle rolloff. My in-room measurements show that my 8 driver arrays start rolling off just over 300 Hz, so doubling the effective piston area below this should help with max SPL as well per the Linkwitz site.

I've also been thinking of using sections of dowell rod epoxied into the bucking magnets to attach them all to another piece of plywood (or maybe two pieces of kerfed and curved) laminated together to add some mass to them. The whole shebang could then be attached to the front baffle...

Regds,
JR

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.