Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Line Array

I would use triangular side supports, narrow at top, wide at bottom.
If you made the front edge straight, you could then insert custom wedges (one in top, one in bottom) to give you the curve you wanted.
The triangle shape distributes the notch and doubling frequency to spread it around, perhaps making a very desireable effect. Linkwitz sidesteps this with active electronics, but I think you could do it this way as well.

I would try extending the sides first (as above) before wiring the 2nd set of drivers with an inductor, as the first option gives more efficiency.
My thoughts did not include that concept, I wanted 2 side by side for more efficiency, and perhaps hoping that a shorter array would lessen the need for a curved baffle. But I like the idea, I would guess you would calculate for 6dB rolloff at 150 Hz or so on the 2nd array.

I'm also wondering if biting the bullet and rolling off at say 5-7 khz and adding a tweeter or array of tweeters might not ultimately be a better solution as well, FWIW. I'm eying some 1" silk domes on sale at MCM for 6.99 till the end of August - 94 dB. A short line of these (4) may be an interesting option.
Bob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.