Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Voigt or isophon

Hi

I have one of each sitting in my treadmill room right now. Both were quickly put together with scrap wood. I think that I like the "clarity" ??? of the isophon better but the TQWP gave a fuller bass sound. The size of the TQWP is also much more wife friendly.

I built the older TQWP with 1 driver as desribed below. I now see that there are plans for a box with 2 drivers there now. I tried something like that on my own but I put the 2nd speaker in the top of the cabinet. It gave better bass but the sound was a little confusing. Placing the 2nd speaker towards the rear is worth looking at & I will modify my box this weekend.

BTW The port is in metric which translates to a port of 2 5/8 inches. I can get 3 inch pipe but what should I do with the length of the pipe... I assume that it will have to be longer, perhaps about 6 inches.

BTW2 Glad to see someone else from the Great White North interesting in these speakers. Best of luck.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.